This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is HOME directory broken?
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Joaquin" <winminion at realmspace dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:13:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Is HOME directory broken?
- References: <000f01c3b9e8$6db0cb40$c901a8c0@macross>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 04:57 PM 12/3/2003, Joaquin you wrote:
>There seems to be some odd behavior with the HOME directory. The
>default profile scripts are suppose to initially set this directory up,
>but they seem to be failing. I tried this on several different systems
>(Windows 2000 and Windows XP), but I run into problems. I then created
>a HOME environment variable in the cygwin.bat file, but this did not
>work. It one case, doing a cd $HOME only goes to the root of the C:
>drive, even when a C:\CYGWIN\HOME exists or doesn't exist.
>What's going on? How do I get a functional home directory system
> - Joaquin
>PS - I did not find adequate info on this in the FAQ, nor in any
I guess it's a common trap we all fall into then. You should read
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html> and provide the details of your
problem. /var/log/setup.full may be useful to attach as well.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html