This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: ssh hangs
- From: "Harig, Mark" <maharig at idirect dot net>
- To: "Ben Anderson" <stuts_andersonbd1 at hotmail dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:07:46 -0500
- Subject: RE: ssh hangs
> I just want to do the minimal amount of configuration to get
> me going with
> ssh. I know the server works because I've logged in from
> other linux boxes.
> Any thoughts?
1. Consider deleting your ~/.ssh directory on your ssh client
computer and running the 'ssh-user-config' script that
is provided with OpenSSH (in /usr/bin). This should
allow you to do the minimal amount of configuration.
Then copy the public-key file that it creates in your
~/.ssh directory to the ssh server machine's ~/.ssh
2. Or, describe the steps that you took to create your
ssh client configuration.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html