This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Problem VnC + SSh + Putty + Port Forwarding
- From: "djpeg\ at libero\ dot it" <djpeg at libero dot it>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:45:43 +0100
- Subject: Problem VnC + SSh + Putty + Port Forwarding
I make an SSH Tunnel (from Win2k to Win2k) with:
- a port forwarding on my ZYXEL 201 ISDN router
- install of openssh server on my Win PC in in the lan of ISDN ROUTER (where i'll install my VNCserver)
- configuration of putty (with ssh2 and a tunnel from 5900 to my 5905 port) on the host where i'll install my VNCviewer
All my configurations work well, and i make an SSH tunnel for view a PC in the Lan of my ISDN ROUTER. The system work well 1 or 2 times, but yesterday i had a problem.
I make an SSH-login on my machine, and the tunnel is up.
But when i'm connecting with my VNCviewer (localhost:5)
UltraVNC tell me:
Connection failed - Error reading Protocol Version
- You've forgotten to select DSMPlugin and the Server uses a DSMPlugin // I'm not using plugin
- Viewer and Server are not compatible // impossible!! they run well without the ssh tunneling
- Bad connection // what?? why?
Thank you in advance for all help!!
P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm italian
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html