Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: groff-1.18.1-1

Hi,

Despite my best effort at sifting through the mailing list for the solution,
the posting that solved my problem eluded me until I had already sent my
original question. Apologies, but the I have found the fix.  Please refer to
the below from the RE: Problem about man-1.5m2 posting of Mon, 24 Nov 2003:

>     Barry> I found the same thing and 2 other problems
>     Barry> (1) If the environmental variable LESS is set, it
> overrides the PAGER
>     Barry> setting in man.conf.
>
>     Barry> (2) Large chunks of text can be incorrectly made bold.
>
>     Barry> Not wanting to have to choose between less working the way
> I want and man
>     Barry> working properly, I I've rolled back to ver 1.5j-2.
>
> Can you try what happens with the following two lines in
> /usr/share/misc/man.conf.
>
> NROFF  /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc
> PAGER  /usr/bin/less -isrR

Regards,