Re: cc1plus.exe not included in GCC 3.3.1-3?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Brian P Kasper wrote:

> Thanks, Brian.  Your suggestion to look for gcc-g++ pointed me at the answer.
>
> I didn't realize that the backends for GCC don't show up in the
> "partial" view of Cygwin Setup, only the "Not Installed" view.

Well, the "partial" view tells you what would be updated/installed based
on your selections.  The "default" selection means to only update what you
already have.  Since you didn't already have gcc-g++, it obviously
wouldn't show up there.

However, if you already had the old monolithic gcc package when updating
to the new separate front end packages, then it is a setup/gcc dependency
bug and you should have gotten gcc-g++.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer