RE: Perl CPAN module help

"Gary Nielson" <gary@garynielson.com> wrote:

>I tried installing several perl modules today, but make test
>failed on several in the LWP package and for HTML::Parser
>etc. Couldn't find modules I'd already installed in the INC
>path.

That's strange.  Which module is not found?  Since you have
installed it, where is it?  What is your @INC?  You can see your
@INC with

   perl -wle 'print for @INC'

>With HTML::Parser it couldn't run gcc because it was not found.

Then you must install it.  :-)  Run setup.exe and install gcc.

>How do you use CPAN under cygwin?

   perldoc cpan

To fire up the cpan shell, just type, at the cygwin shell

   cpan

>Is there a web page that outlines how to configure CPAN for
>cygwin, is that what is needed?

I found it to be quite straight forward.  Please be specific and
tell where you run into problems.

>Are others having problems and how did you fix them.

We'll take one thing at a time.  I've used the cpan shell a lot,
but I need some more information about where you run into
problems.

>I successfully install some and have force installed others and
>notice that if you do a perldoc perllocal you only get the first
>three modules listed, whereas if you do a more on the perllocal
>file, you see a lot more listed. What's up with that, can anyonw
>explain?

I have never used "perldoc perllocal" to see what modules I have
installed, so at this point I can't tell you what is wrong.

Peter

--
Peter J. Acklam - pjacklam@online.no - http://home.online.no/~pjacklam