RE: Thread.start()

Eros,

Please don't send personal mail with Cygwin questions unless specifically
requested.  All Cygwin-related questions should be addressed to one of the
Cygwin lists (see <http://cygwin.com/lists.html>).  Also, please make sure
your mailer respects the Reply-To: header.

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, [iso-8859-1] Eros Sebastião Pagnano Júnior wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> I'm using rmiregistry under cygwin. My development environment is the jdk
> 1.4.1_01.
> My problem is when I try to start rmiregistry.
> When I type : rmiregistry
> I get :
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Thread.start called but
> threads not available.
>
> I don't know what's this message.
> The J2sdk does work well under cygwin ? and Threads ?
> I think that's something in the cygwin .....
>
> Can you help me ????
>
> thanks ...
> Eros Sebastião Pagnano Júnior

Again, there is *no* Java Development Kit under Cygwin.  The Sun and IBM
JDKs are Windows applications, completely independent of Cygwin.  Unless
you're by some chance calling the gcj version of Java (which is
unsupported in any case), you're not likely to get any support from the
Cygwin community.  You may want to try invoking your scripts via the
cmd.exe shell, to determine whether your problem is related to Cygwin at
all.

Check which java is called by the rmiregistry script.  Then try your luck
with some Java forum.
	Igor
--
Igor Pechtchanski               "I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing noise
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center  they make as they go past."