RE: Re: Problems with .exe files

oops. that went off too fast. ignore previous email. sorry

Hi Andrew

> Why would you think that you can cp t as just "t" but you'd
> have to touch "t.exe"?
> The real name of the file is t.exe, for touch, cp, rm, etc. The
> only time that just "t" suffices is for exec.

Because it used to work on older cygwin. I suspect exactly to get
Makefile and other automated processes tow rok, and I quite like it.

For example on an older cygwin (1.3.22-1)

 touch t.exe
 cp t a
 ls a   -> says a exists
 ls a*  -> says a.exe exists

However, I now notice that

 rm t

doesn't work on that version as well, so that's not new behaviour.

Kris