Re: cygpath hangings

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Brian Ford wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, chris wrote:
>
> > If I comment out the call to SHGetPathFromIDList in this program, the
> > program returns, else it hangs.
> >
> Confirmed.
>
> > Also, This program seems to be both valid c++ and c code. If it is
> > compiled in gcc, all is fine. In g++, it hangs.
> >
> Really?  I see the hang regardless.

It is also valid -mno-cygwin code, and when compiled this way, it still
hangs.  Doesn't this eliminate a good portion of the Cygwin startup code
since this is a MINGW executable?

It must be something the exec stub did?  I do see a few cases of suspended
starting in spawn_guts.  Might it have forgotten to resume?  Is there an
easy way to tell if it is suspended?

I'm still puzzled about why the input redirect helps.  Recap:

/etc/postinstall/hang.sh:

#!/bin/bash

FOO=`hangprog.exe < /dev/null`
BAR=`hangprog.exe` # hangs here!