Re: results of compiling berkeleydb

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 06:03:44PM -0700, Edward Peschko wrote:
>Ok, I did as requested, and tried to compile berkeleydb with
>-mno-cygwin.  Results are below, along with some
>thoughts/reflections....

Hint:

GCC='gcc -mno-cygwin' ./configure.

AFAICT, this won't get you a windows version of db with the unpatched
sources (since it seems like you need to use a special windows configure
script which defines DB_WIN32 to do that), but it should at least get
you closer to that goal.

The bottom line is that you were using the tools incorrectly.  Didn't
someone suggest doing more research before posting?  Sounds like good
advice to me.

cgf