From: "Derek Mahar" <D.Mahar@penson.ca>
To: <mpriest@erols.com>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 12:05 PM
Subject: Windows XP and Cygwin file permission problem

Mark:

Find any new solutions to your Cygwin file permission problem on Windows
XP?  On my Cygwin and Windows XP system, chmod refuses to change any
file permissions, even with CYGWIN="ntsec tty".  I have also recreated
/etc/passwd and /etc/group with

mkpasswd --local --domain > /etc/passwd
mkgroup --local --domain > /etc/group

Any suggestions?