Cygwin v1.5.5-1: g++ produces "Entry Point Not Found" error

     I had successfully compiled several programs with g++ under
Cygwin v1.3.20-1.  But upon upgrading to Cygwin v1.5.5-1, the same
programs that are compiled with the new g++ produces the error:
  "cc1plus.exe - Entry Point Not Found" - in a popup window
Inside the error window, it details:
  "The procedure entry point __getreent could not be located in the
dynamic link library cygwin1.dll"

     I had never received this error before and I didn't see a previous
posting related to this subject, so I figured I'll post something here.
Had I included enough information in this message?  If not, please do ask.
Please forgive my naiveness, I'm new.

Ken