RE: __cygwin__ ++ (RE: getuid() and root)

> From: Igor Pechtchanski

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:
>
> > > From: Christopher Faylor

> > > define too (to
> > >
> > > Bad.
> > >
> > > Rather than cast around in the dark here,
> >
> > Yes I'm in the dark, thank you I *DO* know that.
> >  _THAT IS WHY I'M HERE_ - I've said things inline with that
> before. You WILL
> > most likely read words in style with that - from me - many
> times over still.
>
> Hannu,
>
> This was not an offensive comment, but a figure of speech.

Then - I cannot do anything better than:

 *** Christopher: I am truly sorry. ***

With all this in mind, it looks like my knowledge of "sayings" is null and
void. It makes me even more sad. It opens up questions about my knowledge of
the English language - once again. :-[
Fine tuning needed, at least.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59?16.37'N, 17?12.60'E
-- UTC+01, DST -> UTC+02  --

<SNIP>
> Why are you looking for a MinGW-specific #define in Cygwin documentation?
> Granted, it doesn't seem to be in MinGW docs either, but isn't that where
> you should have looked for it?
>
> FWIW, Google turns up <http://google.com/search?q=mingw+gcc+defined>
> 	Igor

 This is somewhat questionable IMO. No doubt that __MINGW32__ is something
that comes from the mingw project.
 But as it is available from the cygwin/bash command line it should be at
least MENTIONED in the cygwin docs too. Even a *broken* link could have
helped.

 As I was looking I had _no idea_ of WHAT to look for. This might have been
shortsighted of me, as you look on it now (with mingw in mind), but that is
how it was - I have no excuses WRT this.

--END OF MESSAGE--