Re: links, links2 and elinks

Replying to a message from 26 February...

Victor Stepanov wrote:

>> Does anybody using latest "home build" browser from links
>> family? I've tried to compile each, but with same problem -
>> links.exe does not recognize letter commands, only Ctrl
>> ones.
>> After finishing links.exe all letter command appears on
>> shell prompt...

> Someone reported it at
> http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/links-list/2002/12/0298.html
> http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/links-list/2002/12/0307.html

> I can't help as I don't have XFree86 installed.

Well, I now have it installed, and could also reproduce with
rxvt.

Mikulas (the Links author and one of the Links2 developers)
replied some days ago that Petr's (the ELinks author)
workaround I've been using for ELinks wasn't the correct fix
since I lose some Windows funcionality, but nobody gave a
proper fix, so...

The first problem was that accentuation didn't work without a
change in os_dep.h:

-#elif defined(_WIN32) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
+#elif defined(_WIN32)

For Links and Links2 you also have to remove the following from
win32.c since you get undefined references at link time:

void terminate_osdep ()
}

Or remove it from os_dep.c, I don't know.

Yes, these changes also "fix" your problem.

Another problem remains, though. I compiled Links2 with
graphical support, and with -g the accents don't work.

Since Links is part of Cygwin, and apparently an unmaintained
port for quite some time, maybe it should be dropped...

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html