Anon structs in gcc-3.3.1 [Was: Re: Available for testing: gcc-3.3.1-1 ...]

Serge wrote
> Hallo Christopher,
>
>The support for unnamed structure/union is brocken!
>
>The warning only (-Wall) is generated and corresponding field is ignored!
>
>The old GCC compiler (before 2.95.3 if I not mistake) reports the error.
>
>In the previous 2.95.3 .. 3.2 and in the current GCC shipped with CYGWIN it was supported
properly.

What has changed is that unamed struct/unions are now not supported in ISO C mode
(-ansi (r -std=c89 switch is given).  Apparently there are two levels of
support for these extenions.  With  -std=gnu89 (default). the GNU extemsions supported
in prior gcc is still supported.  With -fms-extensions, some additional MS
extensions  are also supported.  Regardless of the commandline switch. I think
you can still mark structs/unions with __extension__ to get the std-gnu89 anon support
for a specific declaration.  I can't find where this is documented.

These are testsuite cases (in source distro) that give examples

gcc.dg/anon-struct-1.c
gcc.dg/anon-struct-2.c
gcc.dg/anon-struct-3.c
gcc.dg/20011008-1.c