RE: getopt: ugly linker messages

<rant>
Sniff.. Why am I being ignored ?

I thought I had a quite thoroughly documented problem.

I have a test case which I posted 4 days ago..
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg01132.html) and I asked again
yesterday if I was at least looking in the right direction. But it's just
like the messages are not even getting there (I know they are - they are on
the mailing list archive..)

I know this is a community effort and that no-one is obliged to answer (no,
I didn't go for the pay support.. I am working on an open source project, so
I don't have the monetary resource to spend).

But it's just frustrating.

The problem is I don't really understand the internals of the PE 386 binder
(or I would surelly propose a patch).

Also if the problem is a core "binutils" issue, please someone tell me (and
then I'll go bug the binutils folks !)

</rant>

However, in the meanwhile I have a workaround, so it's not an emergency..

(Workaround : The issue lies when the Makefile is generated with automake &
libtool - the 'make strip' insist on stripping the import library - the
workaround involves patching the libtool.m4 AC_LIBTOOL_SYS_LIBSTRIP macro to
force it NOT to strip libs on cygwin).

--Ivan