Re: Rsync / incorrect uids

No, the samba share part of mail was describing that I am using samba to be
my Primary Domain Controller, because I thought that might have some effect
on user ids.

rsync access is via a rsync daemon running on the linux machine.

I forgot to mention but Cygwin is setup as "ntsec tty"

I know cygwin "plays" with the win2k user ids and group names to get them to
look like linux users and paths so I thought maybe this was the problem.

The rsync documentation says it matches users and group names by their names
rather than use the ids directly, but it does have a mention of the case
when the *source* is an rsync server so maybe this feature just doesn't work
very well when using an rsync server as opposed to ssh for rsync's
transport.

Regards

Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com