Re: 1.5.3s: /dev/clipboard does not work for non-cygwin programs

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:51:20AM -0400, Rolf Campbell wrote:

$ ipconfig > /dev/clipboard
$ ipconfig | cat > /dev/clipboard

The first command does *nothing* to the content of the clipboard.  The
2nd command does what I expected the first command to do.

And is this a regression?

Not really. I only recently started using /dev/clipboard.

> I would be astonished if a non-cygwin program could understand a cygwin-specific device like /dev/clipboard.

I was running this all from bash. Isn't it bash that sets up the it's i/o handles before forking the sub-process? So, theoretically, couldn't cygwin do something special if it is launching a non-cygwin app with cygwin-specific devices as it's i/o handles?

-Rolf