Re: Is profiling broken?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Blackburn <marklist@fangorn.ca>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:08:04 -0400
Subject: Is profiling broken?

Whenever I try to compile with gcc -p I get "undefined reference to
`mcount'".

AFAIK, only -pg profiling is supported in cygwin, and it links correctly only when mingw is not installed.  It looks like you are not searching the correct library, which will be found if you link with -pg, but avoid linking against mingw runtime.
2 of the build failures reported by most gcc testsuite runs are provoked by this issue.
It's not severely broken, but it might be nice if it would work "out of the box," for gcc, if not for g77.

Tim Prince