Re: Error while running tcsh

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 09:09:34AM -0700, Kishor Kulkarni wrote:

Thanks Christopher!!
But where (and which) is the LATEST version of cygwin1.dll ?

On rethinking this, it sounds like you included test versions of some
program or library and you have a version mismatch between the cygwin
DLL and some program.

Let's fall back to your reading http://cygwin.com/problems.html and
providing the appropriate information therein.

Not to suggest that the information Chris is requesting is not
necessary, but I think I see the possible cause of this problem.

If I run setup and ask it to show me the "Curr" packages, it's still
possible for me to toggle to tcsh 6.12.00-6, even though this is a
test package for Cygwin 1.5.x.  So an unknowing user can install a test
version of tcsh or any package without choosing "Exp" and test packages are
increasingly dependent on the Cygwin 1.5.x test package.

Kishor, is this what you did?

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746