Re: cygwin.com unavailable from blueyonder/telewest uk

> > My question is: can I install cygwin without access to cygwin.com, and
> > if so, how?  Here is what I've done:
>
> Unfortunately not as you have noticed below, setup.exe requires the file
> mirrors.lst, which is located on cygwin.com .

Sure you can.  Just convince someone to snail mail you a CDROM burn.  The
install from local directory feature of setup.exe works as expected.  I
always keep a CDROM with a Cygwin download as part of my backup strategy...
I would offer to send a copy of that, but I did not download the source
packages onto a CDROM, so I would be violating the GPL should you then turn
around and ask for those next...

If of interest, I could prepare a complete CDROM set with source and
binaries for installation when I get some free time on my hands.

                                                                Bill