RE: Local printer access question..

--- "Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail)" <garbage_collector@telia.com> wrote:
> [...]

What, exactly, do you mean by "has problems"? Any error messages,
etc?Unfortunately, I have no way to test lpt-style devices since I don't have
any locally-connected printers, either at home or work.

>  The first doc prints. Any following documents causes the printer to
> "hang" - turning it off is enough to be able to print yet another doc. On
> one occassion I got something that I've never seen before: Power, "no paper"
> and "low ink" leds rapidly flashing in that sequence ;-7
>
> This one "works"
> 	$ cat /cygdrive/d/zz.prn | lpr -l
> 	$ echo $PRINTER
> 	//P450/DJ720C
> 	$
>
> with one exception on all of them; they do not eject the page at the end of
> printing. Unless you start another document print...

Near as I can tell, this must be a driver problem. It ejects the last page just
fine on my Deskjet 990C.

--Rick