Re: DLL 1.3.22 - etags 5.5.4 fails on XP Pro

jeff.rancier@softechnics.com (Jeffery B. Rancier) writes:

It appears the list maintainer zapped my text?  Here it is again:

I installed ctags 5.5 today, after having problems with the Gnus Emacs
etags not recognizing my cygwin mounts.

It seems to work OK, but three times I received the following Windows
error dialog:

,----
| 16 bit MS-DOS subsystem
|
| h:\usr\pkg\cygwin\bin\etags.exe
| The NTVDM CPU has encountered an ilegal instruction.
| CS:06fc IP:a97d OP:ff ff ff ff ff
| Choose 'Close' to terminate the application
`----

FWIW, it's NTEmacs whose calling etags, and it doesn't always happen.

I checked the mailing list archives, back to point where ctags 5.5 was
released, and didn't see any error like this.

Is this a bug?  Is it debuggable?

--
Thanks,
Jeff