Re: make 3.80 and VPATH

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 11:19:17AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>That example works fine if I do 'make --win32' but fails when just using
>>>'make'. That is a change in behavior from the previous version of make.
> >> The testcase works with either of --unix & --win32 when using make
> >>3.79.1-7 .
> >
> >As it should. Colon is a path separator. So, to answer your question, yes
> >it is by design that VPATH is not translating MS-DOS paths. If it was doing
> >so before, it was clearly a bug.

Ok. That's what I was attempting to determine. We have been relying upon that behavior for the past year that we've been using cygwin to build Mozilla. That will clearly need to change.

> For the record, I've just resurrected a make 3.79 version and tried this and
> I don't detect any difference in behavior.

That's really odd since others are reporting this exact same problem that goes away when they downgrade to 3.79.1-7. You tried it with --unix as well?

(Sorry about the delayed response. I was offline last week for Comic-Con.)

- cls