Re: Re: gcc on cygwin

Hi,

Thanx for ur reply.

Lets consider the simple, sample application
\*****************wstringsample.cc*****************\
#include <string>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
 wstring name = L"Sagar Shah";
 return 0;
}

when compiling with gcc 3.2.3 the following is the output.
$ g++ -o wstringopt wstringsample.cc
/c/TEMP/ccAgVEAZ.o(.text+0x56):wstringsample.cc: undefined reference to
`std::ba
sic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t>
>::basic_
string[in-charge](wchar_t const*, std::allocator<wchar_t> const&)'
/c/TEMP/ccAgVEAZ.o(.text+0x8d):wstringsample.cc: undefined reference to
`std::ba
sic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t>
>::~basic
_string [in-charge]()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Plz help me regarding gcc 3.2.3 with wstring support.
very much thanx in advance.

Regards
Sagar Shah.
Final Year Computer Engg.
Sinhagad College of Engg.
Pune (M.S)
India

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Sagar Shah wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i had developed  an application that uses libraries like libgnome,
> libgnomecanvasmm, libbonobo etc.
>
> i have used wstring effectively in my application, the application is
> running on Linux.
>
> the same application i tried to built on Windows using cygwin with
> development versions of autotools, gcc 3.2.3 etc.
>
> what i observed is a strange, that gcc 3.2.3 doesn't have wstring support,
> searched through google for the solution and reasons, what i concluded, no
> support for wstring on cygwin platform.
>
> and when i tried using 2.95.x version the sample application of wstring
> worked properly, but when i tried to built my application using gcc 2.95,
> many undefined references for code that is implemented in my library files
> libbonobouimm, gtk-win32 etc
>
> what i think is since i have  built them using gcc 3.2.3, gcc 2.95 is not
> getting them.
>
> well i want to know is my guess right, if yes what should i do for it.
>
> Any Help would greatly be appreciated.
> TAI
>
> Regards
> Sagar Shah

Gcc 2.95* and 3.* use different name-mangling techniques, especially in
C++ programs.  Can't say beyond that without seeing the actual code.
 Igor
--
    http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_  pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'  Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!