Re: cygwin on Windows 2003...

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 07:18:19AM -0700, Prasad Dabak wrote:
> I am using cygwin 1.3.1 on Windows 2003. While
> executing certain commands, I am getting the following
> error. This happens especially, when, one command is
> internally spawning another command
> [...]
> breaks openssh 2.5.2p2-3 server which I am running on
> the system. In this case, I get an "Permission denied
> (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive)." error when
> connecting over SSH.

I'm curious.  Are you using only password authentication or do you have
actually publickey authentication working on that box?  If so, did you
need to do something special?  Setting user rights?  Running as service
under a special user account?

As far as I know, it's impossible to get passwordless user context
switch working in 2003 when using the SYSTEM account.  All services
running under SYSTEM are getting the needed "Create a token object"
user right explicitely removed from their access token befor getting
started by the service control manager. :-(

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.