RE: ProFTPd usable on WinXP-HE, questionable to me

Vince Hoffman <Vince.Hoffman@uk.circle.com> wrote in
3500515B75D9D311948800508BA37955014BDC66@EX-LONDON:">news:3500515B75D9D311948800508BA37955014BDC66@EX-LONDON:

> Is this any help ?
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2003-03/msg00047.php

Huhh. I guess I am screwed, because NTRights.exe looks like it is what I
need, but it's only made available as a file in the NT/Win2K Resource Kit,
and I am 6 months into moving lock, stock and barrel into basing nearly
everything I do on GNU/Linux. At this late hour I am not about to pay M$
for the ResKit, when I have declined to do so for all these years.
Especially since I only wanted to FTP a few files from a crippled SSHd
machine (that's only able to run one logon client ssh session at a time, so
cannot "scp" out a file back to the "client" machine, which is my typical
strategy for finding a file on Linux and copying it to a Cygwin box).

So I can run a lesser ftpd I guess, or find another way to do this.

Thanks anyway, although it is frustrating, it is a tiny bit gratifying to
know that I was right about sensing that there was a "hole" in M$ tools
provided for this task and that something exists to fill that hole.

  Soren A.