Questions about Cygwin's "jar" command

A few updates to Cygwin ago (both at work and home), I noticed that there is
now a "jar" executable in "/usr/bin".  I see from the "-V" option that it is
something called "fastjar".  When I use it for viewing jar contents, it works
just as well as the "jar" from my Java distribution.  However, when I use it to
extract files from a jar, it often fails after extracting the first couple of
files (I can't remember the error messages right now).  I end up having to
manually specify the path to the "jar" in my Java distribution, or use Winzip.

Short of fixing these problems in the Cygwin "jar", what's the correct way to
remove it?  It doesn't appear to be in a separate Cygwin package, so I guess I
can't use Cygwin setup to "uninstall" it.  I tried removing "/usr/bin/jar", but
"rm" says "No such file or directory".

If it matters, I'm on Cygwin 1.3.14 at home, and a newer release at work.  I
see this problem in both places.