Re: Problems with Nano

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Jenkinson" <djenk47@yahoo.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 12:13 PM
Subject: Problems with Nano

> Hey everyone,
> I've noticed a few items with nano and wanted to see if anyone else has
> experienced this.  First up, the usual information:
> OS: Win95
> Cygwin DLL: 1.3.22-1
> nano: 1.2.0-1
> First issue: When pressing Ctrl+C, I'm not seeing the current position
> displayed at the bottom of the screen.  Any thoughts?

this sounds like you dont have the right CYGWIN environment variable set.
Unless CYGWIN environment variable includes tty - ctrl-c and ctrl-x will not
function in nano, and a few other programs.

> Second issue: When I scroll up or down, sometimes text from on line
> persists to on that line as I scroll.  Example, text on line 4 will
> show up on the fourth line of the display, even if I scroll down
> hundreds of lines.  It is still displayed, but not part of the
> document, ie not saved only displayed.  Any thoughts.

this somewhat strange bug has been reported on nano mailing list a few
times, i'm hoping that it will get figured out in an upcoming version -
although the nano developers seem to think that it might be a bug with
ncurses.

Regards,
Gareth - nano maintainer - whos going to check aspell-en just as soon as he
can stay awake for a few hours...