Re: non network install

We did try copying the CD contents to his harddrive to a directory in
My Documents\temp\Cygwin\setup.exe(and other subdirectories)
Then ran setup and specified that we wanted to install from "local disk"
with path My Documents\temp\Cygwin\release.
Even this gave the same errors as I originally posted. It was then we
decided to make the effort to get his computer to my place. Please
correct me if I am wrong but this seems to indicate the problem here was
not that of the top level directory. Could you kindly point me to the
web page where you read about this problem .
sincerely
B Thomas