Re: Question about "rexec"

Max Bowsher wrote:

Andrew DeFaria wrote:

Max Bowsher wrote:

Andrew DeFaria wrote:

All that this says is to insure that you have ntsec set. I have it set.
chmod still doesn't work! BTW I'm on Windows XP and use NTFS. My home
directory is on the server (/us is a mount of //<server>/<share>).

Aha! Then have a look at smbntsec.

Again, I'm not use Samba. The <server> is a Windows box not a Linux box
running Samba.

So? It's still the Server Message Block protocol. The SMB designation is
equally appropriate to Windows and Samba servers. (or, perhaps I should say
SaMBa servers :-)

Viola! Setting smbntsec works! I just the usage of Samba instead of just SMB threw me. In any event, as it was said before, this should be noted in the FAQ.

(Wonder why this isn't on by default like ntsec...?)