Re: Implicit dependency on the existence of /bin/ in make 3.79.1-7 - possible bug

Me again.

<quote cgf>

Workarounds are to set the environment variable MAKE_MODE=unix or to
add
the --unix option to your make command line.

<unquote>

The MAKE_MODE workaround is perfectly acceptable, in my opinion.

However, there is still a bug that causes that workaround to not work.

main.c:869:
{
char *make_mode_env;

/* Read the environment variable MAKE_MODE */
/* If it's not "UNIX", set unixy_shell to 0. */
make_mode_env = getenv ("MAKE_MODE");
if (make_mode_env && !strcaseequ (make_mode_env, "UNIX"))
unixy_shell = 0;
}

Needs to say something more like this:
{
char *make_mode_env;
int makemode_unix;

/* Read the environment variable MAKE_MODE */
/* Override unixy_shell appropriately if it differs*/
make_mode_env = getenv ("MAKE_MODE");
makemode_unix = (make_mode_env && strcaseequ (make_mode_env, "UNIX"));
if (unixy_shell && !makemode_unix)
unixy_shell = 0;
else if (!unixy_shell && makemode_unix)
unixy_shell = 1;
}

Sorry if that came out badly formatted, I'm using a dodgy email client.

As it stands it can only override a unixy_shell into a non-unixy one,
not the other way round, as is required in my situation.

--
Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.
Paul