Re: cygpath : minor inconsistency in output

fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net wrote:

(But it still seems not quite right to me: maybe I'm misunderstanding the
question that cygpath actually poses, which is why these different responses
to it seem, to me, to be inconsistent. Hence my earlier suggestion that
"c:/Cygwin/" and "d:/" would be consistent with one another and seem to me
to be responses to the identical class of question. As things stand, it's
giving me grief.)

I'm sure this won't lighten your grief, but this _is_ in fact consistent with UNIX-like behaviour:

$ cd
$ pwd
/home/mscha
$ cd /
$ pwd
/

so, changing it might cause even more grief.
(I'm sure a P to add an option to always include a trailing slash - -s, -l, -a are taken, so perhaps -h, --slash? - would be TC. ;-) )

– Michael