New FAQ entry?

In light of the two questions on this subject in as many (or less) days, I
thought I'd search the FAQ for the answer to "Why doesn't this (very
common) command work?" and didn't find it there, so I thought I'd offer a
text.

It's basically the same text I wrote in
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-05/msg00897.html, but slightlt
generalized..

Why doesn't this (very common) command work?
(or: Why doesn't patch work?")

While the Cygwin Net distribution contains many packages, not all of them
are installed by default. Many programs, including some very common ones
(like "patch", "ls", "tar", "gzip", etc.), have to be installed before
they can be used.

You can use the search engine at http://cygwin.com/packages/ to look which
package you need for the "patch" utility, and then use
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe to install the appropriate package.

HTH

rlc