From: Karsten M. Self kmself at ix dot netcom dot com
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:08:13 +0100
To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Subject: Can't access windows shares when logged into Win2K via cygwin sshd

I've researched via Google and found a few references to this problem,
but no apparent solution.

I am connection from a GNU/Linux system to a Win2K box via SSH.  The
Win2K system is running Cygwin and the Cygwin sshd daemon.  I've
followed Mike Erdeley's recommendations in setting up SSH, including
renaming my standard 2K userid to something more unixlike.

On the 2K box, from within legacy MS Windows, I can access shares.  I've
"mapped" several of these via symlinks as /net/<host>/<share>/.  Cygwin
under windows can access these shares.

Cygwin via remote ssh cannot access these shares.  Cygwin via *local*
ssh (ssh localhost; ls /net/<host>/<share> *does* work.

I've seen suggestions that the Win2K 'NET' command may be of some use
here, but I'm unfamiliar with its syntax, and it also appears to be
acting differently under a remote SSH session than it does locally on
the Win2K box.

Suggestions appreciated.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix dot netcom dot com>        http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
    "Life," said Marvin dolefully, "loathe it or ignore it, you can't