Re: chmod again

John Williams wrote:
Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) wrote:

John Williams wrote:

I'm doing this on a fat32 partition...

OK, that's the problem then. I guess you didn't read the FAQ entry:

Why doesn't chmod work?
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC45>

chmod does nothing on FAT drives unless you're running some version
of NT and you're willing to incur the overhead of a large file in
your root (enabled by setting 'ntea' in your CYGWIN environment variable).

I'm running XP, and would be happy to suffer whatever it takes to get this to work. The alternative is to hack genromfs, which I don't want to do because it makes yet another branch in the toolchain sources.

Well then, suffer you will! ;-) Of course, because you're running XP, you always have the option of converting your partition to NTFS, deleting the huge EA DATA. SF file that was generated, and using ntsec instead. You can decide which works best for you.

-- Larry Hall lhall at rfk dot com RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX