Re: For The Record: HTML Email on the Internet; RFC 2557

Max Bowsher wrote:

Randall R Schulz wrote:

To Whom It May Concern,

The IETF publishes this standard for electronic mail on the Internet using HTML and even supports resource references in the HTML whose targets (images, sounds, etc.) can be incorporated into the same MIME message as the HTML body.

In my opinion, it's simply foolish to anchor electronic mail in the pre-markup, pre-media days of text-only electronic communication.

There's nothing wrong with HTML mail when used tastefully and in a way which enhances communication.

Unfortunately, a lot (most?) of the time, HTML mail is used in such a way that it detracts from the content of the message and is simply a needless bandwidth sucker.

I disagree with that assertion. I have not see HTML mail used in such a way tha tit detracts fromt he content of the message. Can you cite some examples of this?