Re: -mno-cygwin and "undefined reference to `_impure_ptr'"?

Ronald said that "-lm" is not necessary with mingw, even when <math.h>
is needed.  I tried this, and my code indeed runs the same without
including "-lm".

However, I am seeing a strange (to me) problem using -mno-cygwin.  I have
put two short files, ASA_DLL.tar.gz and CYGWIN_DLL.tar.gz, in my archive.
(Postings over 100K are rejected, and it seems that after mime encoding
I surpass that limit.)  The full link must be specified:
www.ingber.com/private/ASA_DLL.tar.gz
www.ingber.com/private/CYGWIN_DLL.tar.gz

You can test this yourself in ASA_DLL and CYGWIN_DLL
./0run

Then delete the output files:
Under CYGWIN_DLL
rm testPrint
Under ASA_DLL
rm *out

Bring up Excel
click on an empty cell
Insert->Object->Create From File->Browse
click on the .exe file, run_main.exe

Then click on the new icon of run_main.exe in the cell, follow the prompts
to Open.

Now, under CYGWIN_DLL everything works fine, and the new testPrint file
has the correct output.

Under ASA_DLL, a complaint still is made that it cannot find
cygwin1.dll?  If you start over again with a new Excel, and just copy
/usr/bin/cygwin1.dll into the same ASA_DLL directory (not into any
system folder, etc.), everything works just fine, e.g., the correct
asa_out and asa_usr_out files are created.  If this kludge works, i.e.,
just copying cygwin1.dll into the same directory, that's OK, but I'd
like to find out why this is necessary at all.

Lester

--
 Prof. Lester Ingber  ingber at ingber dot com  ingber at alumni dot caltech dot edu
 www.ingber.com                     www.alumni.caltech.edu/~ingber