RE: WinXP username with spaces --> wmaker ko

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Alan Miles wrote:

> Igor,
>
> I appreciate your input -
>
> >> you can actually *have* two users, e.g., "Alan Miles" and
> >> "Alan_Miles",
>
> That possibility had not occurred to me - thanks for pointing that flaw out.
>
> Since, this for me, is a problem at home, and not at work -I would have to
> investigate this in my own time. The perl items
> I need for both home and work, so I can investigate that item there.
>
> I could (when I have some time) look at determining what scripts need
> fixing - once such "broken" script would be /etc/profile:
>
> >   cp -a /etc/skel/. $HOME
>
> should probably read:
>
> >   cp -a /etc/skel/. "$HOME"
>
> Igor, if I could get a list of such patches together, could you provide me
> with a "sanity" check (like you already have done). That way
> any flawed reasoning can be dealt with.
> [snip]
> Cheers,
> Alan

Alan,

I'm sure if you post the patches (or a link to a website containing them)
to this list, you'll get plenty of feedback.  I'll certainly take a look
at them, although someone may beat me to it.

FYI, it's best if the patches are in unidiff (diff -up) format, as per
<http://cygwin.com/contrib.html> (even though your patches won't be to
the Cygwin source tree).  That way they are easier to review.
	Igor
P.S. If you provide a patch, make sure to specify exactly which package
and which version the patch is for...
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II