Re: perl-5.8.0-2 CYGWIN1.DLL:setlinebuf failure

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Greg Matheson wrote:
> > I installed the new perl-5.8.0-2, but

> > This is with cygwin-1.3.22-1 and earlier versions.
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> No, this version contains setlinebuf. You either have an old cygwin1.dll in
> the PATH, or you haven't rebooted when instructed to replace in-use files.

Uh, I didn't even close down my bash shell windows. I didn't see
any message about rebooting.

But rebooting solved the problem. I guess you can't get away from
the fact it is a Windows application :-)

And now running perldoc, I only get 2 error messages instead of
4 about invalid page faults in cygwin DLLs. Perhaps because the
perldoc page headers seem to have gone.

But installing modules, the 4-5 batches of 10 or 11 error
messages during the make and make install stages and the batches
of 2 error messages during the make test stage remain as they
were in 5.8.0-1.

--
Greg Matheson                    Teaching: leaving
Dr Bean's Penpal Pool            fingerprints over the tabula rasa.