Re: libtool 20030216: problem recognizing import libraries

Charles Wilson wrote:
Okay, the patch I posted to libtool-patches works on my system (of course, the UNpatched libtool works on my system) -- but the patch ought to fix this problem. It hunts specifically for head.exe and uses that, if found, falling back to 'head' only if 'head.exe' is not found in the path.
After a few iterations, somebody hit me on the head with a clue-by-4; a patch has been accepted into libtool CVS that fixes this problem. The patch?

Don't use head. Instead, call sed -e '10q'. It's just as fast, and a far less intrusive change.

--Chuck