Re: Possible GPL violation.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for pointing out my oversight of the appropriate GPL licensing
terms. It was not my intention to violate the GPL, and I will
endeavour to satisfy its requirements relating to source code
distribution. In the meantime, I have disabled access to the binary
archive on my website.

I searched for the Cygwin source code and found that it exists only in
the form of separate <package>-src.tar.bz2 files on a number of ftp
mirror sites.

Is my reading of the GPL, term 3, correct in that I need to download
the sources of all packages included in the binary archive file I
prepared, and place them on the same web server as the binary archive
file itself? Or would it suffice if I provided a link to the nearest
ftp site from where the sources can be downloaded?

Robert.

---
Robert P. Biuk-Aghai, Lecturer
University of Macau, Faculty of Science and Technology
Ph: (+853) 3974365  Fax: (+853) 838314
Web: http://www.sftw.umac.mo/~robertb/