Re: Emacs M-x gdb does not correlate CYGWIN symlinks to source files

Eric,

Please keep replies on-list...

On 19 Mar 2003, Eric Hanchrow wrote:

>     Igor> Keith,
>
>     Igor> Any particular reason you use Native Win32 Emacs when GNU
>     Igor> Emacs is available under Cygwin?
>
> Perhaps he wasn't aware that the Cygwin Emacs exists.  However, I
> usually prefer Win32 Emacs to the Cygwin Emacs, because it's notably
> faster.

It is understandable that there are speed problems with large Cygwin
applications (Cygwin is a layer on top of Windows, after all).  Some of
these problems might be alleviated by the ongoing work on Cygwin and the
applications themselves.  Some are inevitable, and are the price one pays
for POSIX compatibility.  Perhaps Joe Buehler (the Cygwin Emacs package
maintainer) will have more insight into those issues.
	Igor
P.S. I don't use Emacs, so I don't care one way or another.  Vim is fast
enough. ;-)
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune