This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Installing cygwin NOT from web
- From: "Charles D. Russell" <worwor at bellsouth dot net>
- To: "cygwin cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:11:30 -0600
- Subject: Installing cygwin NOT from web
What I have gleaned from watching this subject is:
1) setup.exe is really designed to work best for direct installation from
the web, so do that first on some computer with an internet connection.
2) when you install from the web, copies of all the downloaded files -
including setup.exe - are retained in a directory that you can specify.
After completing the installation, if you burn that directory to a CD, you
have everything you need to reinstall to that or another computer.
I have not actually tried doing it this way, but assume that if I am wrong,
someone will holler, and then I will know that my backup strategy is flawed.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html