Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.21-1

* Christopher Faylor (03-03-13 08:51 +0100)
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 06:02:22PM -0500, Rolf Campbell wrote:
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
>>> available for download.  As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
>>> - Fix setsid problem where processes did not correctly detach from a
>>>  console.  (Christopher Faylor)
>> I commonly run a compilation from within GNU Emacs.  I've never had any
>> problems with this until I tried running 1.3.21-1.  I think it has to do
>> with the changes to the console handling.
> Yeah, and isn't it a *shame* that when I suggest that people should try
> a snapshot, they never do?  The only way I have to test new features is
> to release a new version of cygwin, apparently.  And, then listen to the
> complaints.

Like in the old days: noone wants to try a "beta" or "snapshot"
(except when he's got problems with the existing release). Call it
"Preview Release" or "Release Candidate" and make it very easy

Even I as a long-time-user wouldn't know (without research) where to
get and how to install a "snapshot". Is it this "Exp" thingy in
"Setup.exe"? Where to get the "new" Setup.exe? If it was offered
directly on, lots of people would be curious
and try.

Just to make my point clear: I have no problems with "betas". For
example, I'm using Opera 7 since the first beta and I _even paid for
the beta_...

 children under the age of 18

Unsubscribe info:
Bug reporting: