Re: Testsuite as a package (was: Re: Was that the sound of a snapshotgoing off?)

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:
[snipped Igor's reply - already replied]

> A few extra observations: You can't just run the testsuite on the
> installed version of cygwin.  It is meant to be run against
> winsup/new-cygwin1.dll.  So how do you work around that?  Extract the
> source into some directory, create a build directory, configure it, and
> then
>   cd i686-pc-cygwin/winsup
>   cp /bin/cygwin1.dll cygwin/new-cygwin1.dll
>   cp -p /lib/libcygwin.a cygwin/new-libcygwin.a
>   cp -p /lib/libcygwin.a cygwin/libcygwin.a
>   cd testsuite
>   make check
OK, I'll admit I've never tried that (I haven't had the time and/or will
to look into it further than just "darn, doesn't work - oh well..".

> However, as was pointed out, I, and others are already running the test
> suite. I want to get real world testing since the test suite doesn't
> test everything.
And, as I pointed out, you don't have any of my machines. Of course the
testsuite does not test everything, but I would be surprised if it doesn't
test anything at all.

But hey, if you don't think it'll be useful, I won't insist :)

rlc

BTW: I will run the testsuite against the latest snapshot and see if I get
any regressions, of course - I'll let you know :p