This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to run a process from DOS within a cygwin .bat file
- From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <ronald at landheer dot com>
- To: gilles bourgeois <gbourgeois at yaccom dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:46:17 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: how to run a process from DOS within a cygwin .bat file
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, gilles bourgeois wrote:
> hello again
> does someone knows how to launch a cygwin shell and further commands from
> DOS, e.g with a help of a .bat file.
> I had a look of cygwin.bat file but I do not know the right syntax to give
> the command to the bash shell
DOS as in "Disk Operating System" (the "OS" of the pre-windows era, when
Bill Gates so rightly told us that "640 KB should be enough for anyone") -
DOS as in a "DOS box" under Windows (i.e. the system shell, kinda) - just
run the darn thing. If your bin directory is in the PATH, just type
That, and RTFM.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html