Re: Dumper.exe problems

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:02:24PM -0500, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
> >Does dumper.exe work?
> >
> >I am unable to get the dumper utility to produce a core dump.
> >I have read the FAQ, the webpages and searched the mailing lists.
> >
> >My cygwin.bat startup file contains the following:
> >  set CYGWIN=error_start=c:\cygwin\bin\dumper.bat
> >
> >My dumper.bat file contains the following:
> >  dumper.exe -d %1 %2 %3
> >  pause
>
> If you do a "man dumper", you'll see the accepted way for using it.
> There is no need to create a .bat file.
>
> I don't know if this will help or not but you might as well use the
> tool the way the documentation recommends.

Yes I tried it several ways including the direct call to dumper.exe.  I used
the batch file just so I could pause the console window long enough to view
the messages.  It looks like several other people are having the problem
though and some aren't.

I am using the latest binary distro on XP.  I've never DLed and rebuilt
the packages from source.  Perhaps I should try that.
Which package is dumper contained in?   I'd imagine it has some
dependencies with other packages for which I'll need source?

Thanks