This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygwin1.dll, nontsec, and NTFS disk issue
- From: Wu Yongwei <adah at netstd dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:10:19 +0800
- Subject: cygwin1.dll, nontsec, and NTFS disk issue
- Organization: Kingnet Security, Inc.
With newer versions of cygwin1.dll (maybe 1.3.15 and later), the
ntsec/nontsec behaviour has changed. Now ntsec is the default, and even
when nontsec is specified, the command-line autocomplete still behaves
like ntsec when operating on a NTFS disk, i.e., when I have a test.c and
a test.exe, ". / t e s t TAB" will bring only "./test." instead of the
expected "./test.exe". I don't think it affects many people, but it
really frets me. I stayed with cygwin 1.3.12-4 for a long while, but
now I see more and more packages depend on new features of newer
versions of cygwin....
Thanks for any possible help/suggestions.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html