Re: sh crashes when executing msgfmt

Andreas,

I'm a bit confused about what you're saying here. Are you saying the error is not 'msgfmt: not found'? In other words, the script is really finding msgfmt.exe?

I'm confused because the rest of your statement seems to indicate you may have copied msgfmt.exe into c:/cygwin/usr/bin using some windows utility (cmd shell, Windows Explorer, etc). Since Cygwin makes a mount point of /usr/bin that refers back to /bin, there will be nothing in c:/cygwin/usr/bin as seen from Windows Explorer. And from a Cygwin utility, anything copied to c:/cygwin/usr/bin by a Windows tool would be hidden by the mount of /bin over /usr/bin.

But if this is true and msgfmt.exe is hidden for this reason, the error would in fact be 'msgfmt: not found'.

Andreas Madritsch wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
 > On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:21:15PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
---deleted previous stuff---
> "crashing" with an error like:
>
> msgfmt: not found

No, but msgfmt.exe of my djgpp installation has been taken, because msgfmt.exe of cygwin has not been found. I made sure, that msgfmt.exe
is located in c:/cygwin/usr/bin and that /usr/bin is in the path variable. An ls from the bash shell in /usr/bin results in a different files than I see from Windows Explorer.

Andreas

-- Bob McGowan Staff Development Engineer VERITAS Software rmcgowan at veritas dot com